Developed in conjunction with the California based Ecology Action (www.ecoact.org), the BIA concept is designed to help small scale subsistence farmers increase yields, reduce water requirement, increase product diversity and recycle waste matter.
The overseas student course will cover, in theory and practice;
- Deep Soil Preparation - Double-Digging
- Manure types and utilization (Compost, FYM and liquid manure)
- Nursery management - common, permanent, raised flats & tubes.
- Close Spacing - Diagonal off set and rows
- Companion Planting and Crop rotation
- Biointensive Crop beds design (50 bed unit)
- Non-chemical pest and Disease management
- Open-Pollinated Seeds -seed selection and savings
- Flowers and Herbs
- Mixed farming
- Principles of crop production
- Production of selected crops